Priority Staffing Group sent two representatives to the Risk Control Workshop in Denver, Colorado this month.
Kara Metzger and Ally Farlow spent three days studying up on risk management procedures and workers’ compensation laws. They learned new tips on how to help both our business and our clients’ businesses.
So, does your company have a plan for when work-related accidents happens?
There are some simple steps that your company can take to create a safe work environment. And when an accident does occur, you should know your employees will have the best care possible.
- Pre-employment physicals are a risk management tool used to screen individuals for risk factors that may limit their ability to perform a job safely and effectively.
- Functional testing before starting work can prove essential function capability, limiting the risk of injuries associated with certain jobs.
- Try to stop the accident from happening in the beginning! You can do this by implementing training videos to make sure that your employees know what kind of work hazards they will be around and how to deal with them properly.
- Make sure that you hold regular training sessions to keep employees up to date on new rules and regulations and remind them of the correct safety procedures.
- Have all the appropriate signs posted regarding workplace rules and safety.
- Make sure all signs are up-to-date and in a heavily trafficked area so all employees can see.
- Make sure your company has a plan of action when an employee is hurt on the job. Find out what level of care is needed and get the employee taken care of as quickly as possible.
- Have a designated urgent care set up to send employees so that the process is simple for everyone.
- Make sure to document all the details of the accident by taking notes and photographs. You should have a standard accident report and witnesses to back everything up. There should always be a signature from the supervisor that was on duty when the accident occurred.
An additional tip to help improve safety in the workplace:
- Have a safety committee. Get together once a month and go over ways to improve workplace safety.
Priority Group wants to help our clients establish a safe and prepared work environment. For additional information on our services and how we can help you as a client, email us or call any of our office locations.